Thursday, September 24, 2009

Honesty on the Internet

I'm not afraid to be honest about the things I enjoy, however embarrassing they may be. (Except for the fact that I really loved Sailor Moon and her theme music growing up..err.. wait..) I'm gonna fess up to being a fan of Twilight. Awful, I know!

The books are terrifyingly cliched, Mormon, whatever whatever. You can dis them all you want, and I will agree. But my brain still tells me that I have a special place for trashy romance novels. Isn't that what they are? Trashy romance novels with fake blood and "abstinence"?

The first Twilight movie was probably the worst thing I saw all year. Yet I loved it! I don't care if everyone in the cast was a horrible actor, nor do I care that it changed the book and left out most of the "flesh" of the plot (pun intended - wow, I am feeling really freakin cheesy today, huh? must be because i stayed up til 3:00 writing my White Rabbits concert review (see below)).

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, my point is, I love Twilight and everything about it for no apparent reason at all. It figures that I listened to "Bella's Lullabye" by Carter Burwell and "Spotlight" by Mutemath like 100 times continuously after seeing the film. Again, NONSENSICAL. Me, WEIRD.

So, what I'm getting to is this:

1. Death Cab For Cutie – “Meet Me On The Equinox”
2. Band Of Skulls – “Friends”
3. Thom Yorke – “Hearing Damage”
4. Lykke Li – “Possibility”
5. The Killers – “A White Demon Love Song”
6. Anya Marina – “Satellite Heart”
7. Muse – “I Belong To You (New Moon)”
8. Bon Iver and St. Vincent – “Roslyn”
9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – “Done All Wrong”
10. Hurricane Bells – “Monsters”
11. Sea Wolf – “The Violet Hour”
12. OK Go – “Shooting The Moon”
13. Grizzly Bear – “Slow Life”
14. Editors – “No Sound But The Wind”
15. Alexandre Desplat – “New Moon (The Meadow)”

Track list for New Moon (part two of the saga, for all you haters out there). Now that's a ridiculously rad soundtrack. You cannot deny it! Bon Iver + St. Vincent, together? I die! More Grizzly Bear? I'm already dead! Some moody Death Cab? Put me in my grave already!

This is rave-worthy, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment