Friday, December 18, 2009

WAIT, pause.

Not to be a shameless hipster jerk or anything... but I just finally put some headphones on my ears and blasted some Dirty Projectors on my iPod, and let's just say it was magical. I have been trying to avoid this conclusion for several months now, but it's inevitable. I'm a prick, and I enjoy really stereotypically indie bands.

I have known this for about 4 months now, though:

"Knotty Pine" by David Byrne + Dirty Projectors is my favorite song of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Another song on the same disc from that album is my favorite of the year. It's five tracks later ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at this pretty hard. It's not easy but I'm glad you've finally come to terms with it.

    Also, 2009 favorites is cool and all but you'd better be working on your Decade Retrospective. I've been thinking about that myself but then again I'm not the one with the mega-popular music blog...

    ReplyDelete