Friday, January 11, 2013

Mac DeMarco - Dreamin




This video disgusts me. I don't want to see slime covering a man's made up face, ever. (spoiler alert, too late) I don't want to see the tricks you can play with smoke. I don't want to see lipstick on Mac DeMarco's lips.

I also absolutely love this song, and since seeing this video yesterday morning, I can't get it out of my head. I love it so much. It reminds me of Real Estate, with its languorous guitar licks and just irresistible mellow vibe. In a way, I wish his music videos were more like theirs: filled with puppies and sunshine and all the things that this kind of music belongs with.

But it's better this way. The off-kilter video is memorable, and gives me a new way of thinking of a song I might have just thought was sappy goodness before.

Oh, and after watching it 8 times, I'm starting to dig that outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment