Friday, January 4, 2013

Youth Without Youth

So I was listening to all-request radio on WFPK this morning because my hands were too cold to plug in my phone to the auxilary jack in my car, and I was only going to the post office. The problem is: I hate all-request radio. Or whatever they call it. Because, let's face it. People have no taste. I mean, seriously? You're going to request a cover of U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)" by Dierks Bentley? Are you even a real person? Was this a joke? If so, you win. But anyone listening to the radio is losing three minutes of life.

Luckily, a real person called the station. I know because I heard this gem from Metric's latest album, which I thought I was sick of after listening to it 14 times to review it. But I'm not. Apparently only the song "Artificial Noctourne" makes me want to hurl things at my speaker -- not the rest of the album. Phew. I was starting to worry my girlcrush on Emily Haines was facing some lovers woes or something.

"Youth Without Youth" is the only jam (today) that makes me involuntarily swing my arms around and feel cool while doing so. (Don't worry, it's not cool.)



No comments:

Post a Comment