Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sky Ferreira

I don't make new years resolutions. But if I did, it might be to post more frequently, on a whim, when I hear something that wakes me up or when I revisit an older album that blows my brains out. Another non-resolution is to maybe listen to more of the emails I get from publicists instead of letting them sit in my inbox and eventually archive them when I get overwhelmed by the sheer volume.

So I opened this email today about a girl named Sky Ferreira, and she's a little too skimpy black tank top for me. She's a little too early Fiona Apple, crawling on the floor to be sexy, for me.

But the heavy rumble of this song is a little too much for me to avoid, and it's got enough pep and atmosphere to warrant repeated plays. The beginning starts a little bit Muse-y, and it grows and flowers from there.

I think, if you're like me, you'll like it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the melody and it's so sweet that I crave more, but I feel kind of blocked by the "noisy" fuzz beats.

    The music video is such a poor man's attempt at the video masterpiece that is Fiona Apple's Criminal. Which in my opinion, is the best music video ever.

    But I had to go back for a second listen/watch. Danielle, you always know what's up.

    ReplyDelete