Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sure, I'll Name Drop

Need sleep, but quick post on: my ignorance.

I listen to a lot of music, like, all the time, and I still cannot get to everything I want to spend time with. It's kind of sad. Information overload! Death of privacy! We are in the future!

I never really found time to go through the "pioneers of indie rock." Or whatever. You know, those bands that everyone loves, but I just brush off daily. Pavement? Eh, just noise. Yo La Tengo? Too busy for me. But a friend finally made me a great, fantastic mix of those bands and more. (Yes, I'll name drop - New Order, Slowdive, The Chameleons.) And all I can say is that I'm regretting being an ignorant person. It's like waking up one morning and realizing you've never even tried Cheerios.

I mean, Cheerios are like the basic building blocks of cereals! And Sonic Youth and The Replacements are like the founders of college rock! I vow to repent for my sins and make up for my bad deeds by listening to music that I've missed. (I got the classic rock thing from my dad, and I got the indie rock of today, now I just have to work on the stuff in the middle. Care to help me? What do I NEED to hear?)

The Replacements - Left of the Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment