Monday, April 5, 2010

The Apples (in stereo)

You can look forward to a full-force mega-article on Apples in Stereo coming soon. In the meantime, a few things you need to know:

1. Travellers in Space and Time is a shameless dance record. Translation: You are required to dance shamelessly around your house, apartment, shack, boat, or maybe around the trash receptacle behind your office. You MUST. This is geeky music for really geeky people, and if you can't come to terms with your inner-nerd, get out of my blog right now.

2. Elijah Wood and science experiments?



3. I am extraordinarily happy when I listen to two songs in particular.
a) "Dream About the Future"
b) "Dance Floor"
This stems from the fact that at the very moment the robotic vocal harmonies and synthy squiggles enter, my brain is taken back in time (Aha! The album title is on to something.) to the first time I ever heard ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky," and the moment my love affair with ELO began. My brain is teeming with possibilities! Could someone make a remix of "Mr. Blue Sky" and "Dream About the Future" and please deliver it to my inbox for my birthday?

Thanks!

Here's what you get in return - a portal to listen to some of these songs BEFORE the record comes out. Lucky you. I'd say it's a fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment