Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dude Loving, Male Bonding

So, I should be transcribing my interview with a dude from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
I should be on the beach with my friends.
I should be cleaning my room, and doing my laundry.

Instead, I'm blasting the new album by Male Bonding, Nothing Hurts.

It's exactly what it sounds like, and it makes me want to be a dude. I mean, I really like dudes, so I guess if I was one, I'd be a gay dude. I'd be ok with that. But it might take away from the male bonding that this band so weirdly makes me desire.

Speaking of weird, listen to this song by Male Bonding:
Weird Feelings - Male Bonding

It is a grunge, gnarly-guitar-y version of the Beatles' "Please Please Me." So, we've got some sort of early sugar power pop mixed with the grit of Kurt Cobain's non-washed cardigan, swirled with the fast-driven percussion we might find in a Ramones song.

In other words, or rather, in a simpler translation, IT ROCKS. As does the rest of Nothing Hurts. It's just dude-licious.

No comments:

Post a Comment