Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bowerbirds

I'm going to write more extensively about Bowerbirds in a bit, but I need to spill a bit here briefly. This is a two-person team, Beth Tacular and Phil Moore. Songs like "Northern Lights" ooze with romanticism. Ooey, gooey lyrics like "all I want is your eyes, in the morning as we wake, for a short while" bring to mind the kind of sweet feelings and memories that you wish could last forever.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for love songs, but come on, it doesn't get much better than this. 

I don’t need, from you, a waterfall of careless praise.
And I don’t need a trophy for all the games I’ve played. 
All I want is your eyes, in the morning as we wake, for a short while. 
I don’t need you to catch my wandering mind.
And I don’t expect a southern girl to know the northern lights. 
All I want is your eyes, in the morning as we wake, for a short while. 

Gawd. The way the piano twinkles around my favorite lyric, the gentle hugeness of the song, the sweeping guitar that wraps around your ears like a warm cloak... this is good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment