Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's the Little Joys in Life.

Let's be honest. I feel way behind the crowd right now. I've been meaning to listen to Little Joy for months now. I finally got a copy of their s/t debut a few days ago, and it is long overdue.

It's the dude from the Strokes (Fabrizio Moretti) with two pals - Binki Shapiro and Rodrigo Amarante. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm laying on a beach in LA with messy hair and a big bottle of sunscreen.

My friend Will lives in Echo Park, next to LA. All my friends move to cool places like LA, and I remain lame. But that's besides the point. He says there's a bar called Little Joy down the street from him. And that the bar is as chill and laid back as this music. (And where the band name comes from, apparently.) I'm jealous of him, and I want to go there immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment