Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Russenorsk.

I’m kinda loving a local Athens band called Russenorsk.

They rock in more ways than I ever would have imagined. I first met the guys when a friend suggested I interview them on the radio, and they were sweet as can be. Their music has always been good, kinda relaxed folky stuff. Well, not always relaxed - Tim Race, Jack Martin, and Zach Inscho put more aggression into a trio of guitar, cello, and drums than you would think.

Their newer material is more raw, more unchanneled, more... well... exciting. It feels kinda post-punky, in the best way possible. Kinda Joy Division.

I love the beautiful touch that the cello adds to their music, but the guitar riffs on every new song blow my mind. Each one seems so simple and unfussy, and at the same time, each hooks you in. Check out the new stuff on their myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment